[filmscanners] Re: Disabling right-click,etc. (was: Webhomepagewriting software)

There are a number of watermarking systems that embed a code into the
image that is not visible to the viewer.  Digimarc is one.  The
encrypting has been improved quite a bit over the years so that cropping
and blurring or resizing will not confound the coding or reading software.

However, like most coding protection schemes, there are products to
defeat these codes, and even if they work, you have to pay a regular
licensing fee to the company that provides the searching services, and
it is not cheap.

Further, although even though these codes are supposed to survive
printing and scanning, anything not connected to the web would be pretty
hard to track down.

Art