[filmscanners] RE: film departing soon

>Fair enough, but archival fiber-only papers were not designed to be used
>with inkjet inks, were they?

(Smile) No they were not; but some are using archival fiber-only papers on
inkjets and to a greater or lesser extent have found that some not only work
and look good but also have some longeviety (i.e., watercolor papers, linen
and canvas papers, etc.).  I am not sure if they are utilizing dye-based or
pigment-based inks, if dye-based inksets are less archival with these papers
than pigment-based inksets, or which works better with the fiber-only
papers.

>Rarely can you have everything in life!

I have found this to be true for only the good things.  For bad things, one
frequently gets everything in life. :-)
Humor aside, I was only attempting to respond to what was meant by fiber
based papers and not attempting to promote any thing in my comments.  If two
days is good for a body, then that is what they should set as their goal in
selecting materials; if 100 years is the goal, than one cannot make use of
materials that are only good for a lesser period.  I am neither an advocate
of overkill or underkill. :-)  Some of my friends believe in overkill, other
friends believe in underkill; I am going to stick with my friends.