[filmscanners] Re: Disabling right-click, etc. (was: Web home page writing software)

So, what does that have to do with the price of fish?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julie Cooke" <julie@lightdrawing.com>
To: <shunith@vsnl.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2002 3:09 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Disabling right-click, etc. (was: Web home page
writing software)

I was advised to disable the right click by another photographer who has had
problems with her images getting stolen and used on the web.

I'm aware that people can do Alt Prt Scr to grab the images, or disable the
browser. However another site that I used to run had a similar feature where
it displayed a copyright notice when the user moused over the image. This
resulted in a lot of emails from people asking to use the image, rather than
just take it. It has to be said that most were from school children using
the images for their homework!

Julie