[filmscanners] RE: scanner for a lot of slides

> From: Tomek Zakrzewski
>
> But we're not talking about multiscanning or 16bit color. We're
> talking: do
> what you can in 2-3 minutes and give a customer good enough prints from a
> digilab.
> The point is that in my country fewer and fewer firms offer R-3
> prints from
> slides. And digital minilabs don't want to bother with adjusting the whole
> machine for several slides of different condition. Fortunately, they can
> print files made from filmcanners.

I've got a Nikon LS-2000, which is a very nice 2700-dpi 12-bit scanner with
ICE. It might be workable for your application, except that, as you worried
in your first message, Nikon doesn't have much depth of field, and doesn't
do well on old warped slides. You can probably find a refurbed unit within
your price range.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco