[filmscanners] VueScan freezing in OS X

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] VueScan freezing in OS X
  • From: "Julian Vrieslander" <julianv@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 21:03:17 -0400

Environment:

Power Mac G4/867, 1.5GB RAM
Nikon LS-4000ED
Mac OS X 10.1.5
VueScan X (versions 7.5.37 back to perhaps 7.5.34)

I have seen three instances of VS freezing in OS X.  The spinning disk
cursor is displayed, and the application is unresponsive.  On one occasion,
the entire OS was locked up hard.  I could not even force quit or switch to
another application.  A hardware reset of the Mac was required.

No obvious pattern to it.  Tonight it happened while I was at dinner, with
the Mac idle, the scanner on, and VueScan open but not doing anything.

This Mac is connected to a router and an always-on DSL connection.  I wonder
if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone else seeing this?

--
Julian Vrieslander <julianv@mindspring.com>