[filmscanners] Re: Grain aliasing

Yes.

The new Fuji Provia F series of films use what I would refer to as a
"soft edged" grain, which, in effect is "antialiased" to begin with.
This provides a softer transition and is similar to defocusing the grain
slightly.

Velvia, on the other hand, while slow and fine grained and great for
some applications, tends to have very highly saturated color and dense
shadows, and leads to both higher aliasing and more noise in shadows.

Art