[filmscanners] Grain aliasing

I have recently purchased an Acer ScanWit 2740S to handle my film scanning
needs and have been using it with VueScan (which I love).

When scanning slides (Ektachrome 135-200) the results have been superb; both
for printing (Canon s9000) and web use.  My problem has been with negatives.

Since I acquired the scanner, I have been scanning older negatives.  These
negatives were shot on a wide variety of film (generic, Kodak gold 400, gold
200, and others) and developed as cheaply as possible.  Now that I have
learned more about photography I intend never to use generic film and intend
to develop the film at a professional lab.  As such, I wanted to get your
recommendations on which film has shown the least grain aliasing when
scanned on a 2700dpi scanner (if the dpi matters).

I have noticed that slower speed films show less grain aliasing, so I assume
I should shoot 100 or slower.  Is that accurate?

Purchasing the correct film should solve my problem going forward, but do
you have any recommendations on how to deal with the negatives I already
have?  I would like to get these pictures scanned in as best as possible.

I know these are rookie questions, but if I don't ask, I'll never learn.

Thanks in advance.

Ed Renenger