[filmscanners] Polaroid SprintScan future

I got this response from Polaroid's support group when I asked if
scanner production would continue.  I know this has nothing to do with
density versus dynamic range, so I apologize in advance for posting
something totally uninteresting.

Thank you for contacting Polaroid,

At the end of this month of June, Polaroid is scheduled to have a new
owner. All of us that have put a lot of hard work into the scanner
program are waiting to see what happens with the program. Whatever the
new owners do, we in Service are committed to servicing the product for
many years to come. We have a large inventory of parts and a significant
investment in test equipment. Legally, the new owners have to continue
support of the products. I might note that we still carry parts and
still service SprintScan 35 units that went out of production in 1996
and were originally produced as early as 1994.

Gerry DiBello
Sr. Engineer
Polaroid New Product Service Support