[filmscanners] Nikon 8000 autofocus problems

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Nikon 8000 autofocus problems
  • From: "" <deedee@cix.compulink.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:06 +0100 (BST)

With Nikonscan 3.1.2

So far - no error messages about auto focus.

But, I have noticed the Digital ICE 'flag' working the wrong way round.

I just had a batch scan of 12 images which alternated between being
"colour managed" and not. ie images 1,3,5,7,9,11 had the histogram
starting well away from the left side - and images 2,4,6,8,10,12 had a
histogram starting on the left. And the prefs were set to not use colour
management, and I thought I'd applied a setting to all twelve images, and
I had stopped Nikonscan and restarted it, before the scan.

Now I am a user in this case, so I probably have done something wrong,
perhaps in the sequence of my actions... but,

I think NikonScan is one of those 'linear' programmes that behaves while
you progress in an orderly manner along its labyrinth corridors, but any
hint of changing your mind half way through and it's curtains until you
reboot.

Have you tried Vuescan? It might help to identify if the problem is in the
scanner or the Nikonscan software.

Sorry, not much help there.

Dave Dillon.