[filmscanners] Nikon 8000 banding

I spoke to Nikon UK technical support about the banding on the 8000.

Basically they say that it bands when using the three lines of ccd stuff.
Hard to align the data when using three lines.
Solution is to use only one line. Nikon has no other fix.

Which is what was postulated/described earlier in this list.

Mutter, mutter.

I appear to have a scanner that is not fit for the purpose I bought it
for. May be.

Could any one with an SS120 post a message saying how long it takes to
scan a 6x7 at 4000 dpi, colour negs and positives, using an average
computer. Perhaps using Vuescan or the ss120's own software.
Or just say what film size, what optical resolution, any bells and
whistles turned on, how long, etc.

And anyone with a Minolta Multi Pro, any scan times please?

Just so I can see if I should continue twiddling my thumbs...

Thanks in advance
Dave Dillon.