From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
To: <dickbo@btopenworld.com>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 9:15 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Density vs Dynamic range

Dickbo,

> > No sir, you do not know,
>
> What do you base that on?  YOUR opinion?  Or do you have 20 years of
> electronic imaging design experience?
>
> Indeed it is my opinion and one, which I might add, is based upon
> 49 years of photographic and pre-press experience, both at the
> technical and
> sales levels and it tells me you are classifiable but in what way wild
> horses would not persuade me to describe.
> Conceited nit picker could be a phrase that might apply.

But what does that have to do with the understanding and discussion of what
the dynamic range is of the CCD and A/D???

> ...so succesful that they no longer appear to exist it would seem.

Oh they exist, but owned by the group(s) I sold them to.

> If you want to have a technical discussion, please do so, if not,
> or you are
> simply not capable of doing do, then PLEASE keep your personal attacks off
> the list.
>
> Then I suggest that you stop trying to be a smart arse about my postings

Oh, so when you say something that's simply wrong, and I correct you, that
1) means I am being a smartass and 2) means you can call me names?  Real
adult of you there, Dickbo.

> Should you be open to advise

I am, just not from you.  You have proven again and again that you don't
know what you're talking about, and you have no interest in understanding
what you think you already know.

> I would
> suggest that
> you refrain from making any comment on anything that I post either on this
> group or any other.

Stop making errors in your posts, and I won't have to comment on them ;-)

> Should you decide otherwise then be prepared for a great deal of trouble
> because rest assured I do not like people like you and unfortunatly I have
> been burdened with your spiritual presence during various periods of my
> professional  life and I can say with no fear of contradiction that your
> contribution towards getting a commercial or productive result  in a real
> life situations was usually absolutely  zero.

I have no idea what your drivel here is supposed to mean...but if you're
trying to say I haven't developed any commercial products, or ever could,
you know nothing of what you speak...no surprise.

Austin

or body