[filmscanners] Onboard Graphics and Filmscanning

A friend with a Coolscan IV and a very slow PC wants a faster PC.

For a similar price I can build at fast 1700 Athlon, 512 meg RAM with a
separate 32 Meg video card PC or he can purchase a similar spec machine
ready built with onboard video that shares the system RAM.

The cost of machines ready built with a separate card is considerably
dearer.

Has any one edited say 30 Meg scans with a machine with onboard video,. My
thoughts are it will be noticeably slower than a machine with a separate 32
meg video card.

If not, it saves me building him a machine. Comments please.

Eddie