[filmscanners] RE: Color spaces for different purposes

>One pre-press expert in my area recommends ColorMatchRGB instead of
>Adobe98 for pre-press work. Is this a Mac vs. PC thing?

Primarily, yes it is both a Mac thing and a preferrential prejudice.  From
what I understand, the two are very similar in terms of the gammut that they
cover.

Maris's comment that "Some publishers will do the sharpening themselves" is
more significant that it appears in his remarks.  Most publishers not only
prefer to do the sharpening themselves but actually do sharpen it themselves
even if they receive an already sharpened file so as to bring it into
conformity with their printer's needs.  Moreover, most publishers prefer to
work directly from the digital file rather than from an inkjet produced off
that file; hence, they request or require the digital file and not the
inkjet print.  Thus, you would not know what sharpening would be required
for the publisher's intended use; but they would.  Given this, you would not
want to sharpen the digital file that is supplied to them but give them an
unsharpened final version.