[filmscanners] RE: What color space for digilabs?

Tomek writes ...

> I'm preparing a set of image files for printing on a digital minilab
> (Agfa D-Lab).
> What color space should I assign to my files to achieve good color?
> I once sent files in Adobe RGB color for printing with a d-lab and the
> colors turned out very subdued, so I think a narrower color space
> should be chosen.

  I was curious, but a search didn't turn up any preferred (or assumed)
color space for the D-LAB.  However, I believe you are correct ... a color
space with a smaller gamut should add the extra saturation you are missing
when you send them Adobe RGB values.  It is likely (also a shame) the color
space assumed may be "sRGB" ... after all, any print service worth its salt
should be able to accommodate any color space you may edit with (...
leastwise, AdobeRGB, although not print its entire gamut ...).  What is
their response if you ask them? ... some sort of expression of ignorance?

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com (in progress)