[filmscanners] Re: Epson 2450, etc.

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Epson 2450, etc.
  • From: "david soderman" <scapes@wi.net>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 19:51:28 -0500

Bernie K. wrote:
> I was fairly well set to buy this scanner [Epson 2450] to replace my flatbed
>but I find that it's out of stock at the places I usually buy equipment from
> and a few more.  Anyone know what's going on?  Might Epson be making
> some product changes?  Or is this thing just selling faster than they
> can build them?

Don't know - can't tell ya.
One thing I that I *have* noticed is that was a rash of complaints from new
owners re: dust and debris under the scanning glass.  This was on brand new
units.  Several people kept returning the units and exchanging them - only
to find more dust & debris under the glass.  One fellow even had the
salesman opening up one box after the next...in an attempt to locate *any*
particular Epson 2450 unit that didn't have the dust/debris under the glass!

Happy scanning.
Joyfully, -david soderman- <><