[filmscanners] SCSI Cable problem

A thousand humble apologies to all scsi cable manufacturers. Grovel,
grovel.

Further investigation makes me think that my 'noise' comes from the scsi
card and/or card drivers.

I put the allegedly noisy scsi cable back in place of the new scsi cable
and I did not get my noisy scan. Oh dear, thinks I.
Any way , to cut the chase, my re-evaluation is as follows (subject to any
further ideas) :-
PC 1, with flatbed scanner 1, Tekram scsi card - either cable = noise
PC 2, with flatbed scanner 1, Domex scsi card - either cable = no noise
PC 3, with flatbed scanner 2, other scsi card - old scsi = noise, usb no
noise
Sadly PC 3 and flatbed 2 and the other scsi card were stolen. So not sure
what the other scsi card was.
In the case of PC 1 and 2 the operating system is w98, the flatbed has no
drivers loaded in windows, it's a yellow question mark in the device
manager. Vuescan 7.4.2 used whatever scsi stuff it needs. The motherboards
are different.

So there we go. Look before you leap and all that.

Yours suitably chastised

Dave.