[filmscanners] RE: Real-World Scene Brightness Range

> > > ...Or the underside of mahogany pews,inside a
> > > dark cathedral, with sunlit, pastel toned, stained glass
> windows in the
> > > background...
> >
> > Aaaaah, my kind of shot ;-)
>
> I think many of the list members would appreciate some sample shots,
> so could you please show us some?
>
>   Andras

Hi Andras,

Actually, I did post a few shots not too long ago...  Problem with posting
shots on the web (aside from the obvious copyright issues) is that you can't
see much of anything relating to this subject via the web, or in fact, even
using the negative...since the density range of the negative is merely a
representation of the scene, and there is no way to reconstruct the values
of the actual scene density range...

Austin