[filmscanners] Re: 3 year wait

Op's wrote:
> The image is rasterized into its components - this rasterization can be 4K
>(or smaller)
> (4032x2689)  to  8K ( 8192x5461)  ppi  that's Polaroids figures. and these
>pixels are then
> broken down into 3 intensities of brightness for 3 filter values to make a
>colour (8 or 12
> bits).

You're describing 9 states (3 colors 3 states per color) which is
a total of being a hair over 3-bits of color.  This seems odd seeing as
how Polaroid claims 36 bit color (12-bits per color, or in other
words, 4,098 brightness levels for each of the three colors).

Mike K.

P.S. - I also know from looking at the output that it has a great
       deal more brigtnesses per color than 3.  It'll do a nice
       white to dark-color color-"ramp" that's quite smooth.