[filmscanners] RE: Re:Computer size: RAID

>How, also, does RAID interact with PS's desire for partitions?
There should be no problems since you can partition a RAID array the same as
you can any single individual hard drive in a single or multiple drive
setup.  If the RAID is a mirrored arrangment, the paritions on the mirrored
drives in the RAID array will be identical to those on the main stripped
drives in the array.  Each partition on the non-mirrored postion of the RAID
array will be assigned a letter just as is the case with non-RAID drives and
their partitions.  Photoshop lets you assign scratch files by naming the
partition be its letter.  As for regular image data files the RAID works
vis-a-vis just like non-Raid drives and partitions as viewed externally by
Photoshop - only the internal workings of the Array itself are different and
not how the system and its programs interface with it.