[filmscanners] RE: 3 year wait

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: 3 year wait
  • From: "Kapetanakis, Constantine" <KAPETAC@polaroid.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:11:27 -0400

The light source is a cold cathode tube. The light path involves a mirror
primarily to minimize the physical size of the unit. Dust on the mirror
surface will be out of focus so it does not affect image quality( a lot of
dust will have an effect on image contast). The lens is more than adequate
in resolving 4000dpi.