[filmscanners] Re: Slightly OT - Which Image Cataloging?

I'm using Extensis Portfolio and have no problems with it.
My default master image files are 16 bits and ~120MB.
It indexes sets of files more quickly than ACDsee V3.1.
I'm on a wintel PII 300 mhz box which by today's
standards is nearing the cusp of obsolescence. I compared
Portfolio to Canto Cumulus, for me Extensis was easier to
learn. You can try Portfolio for free for 30 days. I'm not sure
about Canto Cumulus.
It helped that Extensis would answer questions about
their product. I never could reach Canto by phone
or email.
-JimD