[filmscanners] RE: Terminology

Constantine writes ..

> That's correct. 48 bits is 16 x 3 (for RGB). However, i don't know of any
> desktop scanner that gives you 16 bits per color. ...

  The resulting filesize would still be the same.  A scanner with 14bit
color resolution would still be saved in the standard 16bit file format.  I
have seen a reference to a 12bit TIFF format, and a software which would
read it ... but I've never seen a reference or a software which could read a
14bit TIFF format ... therefore, all scanner softwares adhere to putting
highbits into 16bit file formats.

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com