[filmscanners] 6200C...DEAD

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] 6200C...DEAD
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 21:18:21 EDT

My HP 6200C flatbed scanner is suddenly dead without warning.  It doesn't
seem to be getting any power at all.  I tried changing plugs, ensuring it is
plugged into a working outlet, removing and replacing the end of the power
cord that plugs into the scanner....all to no avail.  It just isn't getting
power and thus the computer says its not there.

Is anyone familiar enough with this scanner to know if there might be a
simple fix such as an easily accesable fuse etc......I suspect that repair
with shipping might just be about as much as a new flatbed might cost.

Howard
HMSDOC@aol.com