[filmscanners] Re: OT: which wintel OS for digital imaging?

Austin writes:

> Like what?

Everything.  Lots of odd particularities.  Peripherals with unusual
connections and architectures, unusual processors, and so on.  They are a
significant support headache.

I've never cared for laptops myself because they cost 2-3 times more than an
equivalent desktop, they are too small to use (tiny keyboards, no real
mouse, etc.), they are difficult to keep cool, and because they have the
problems mentioned above.  That's all an awful lot to sacrifice just for a
machine that you can carry around from place to place.  Even when employers
have provided me with laptops I've generally just left them locked in a
drawer.