[filmscanners] RE: Re:Digital ICE

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Re:Digital ICE
  • From: "Jack Phipps" <JPhipps@asf.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:17:41 -0500

There are differences in how each manufacturer implements Digital ICE. There
are differences in the frequency of the IR, the source of IR, how the lens
handles IR focus and other variables. That said, there usually isn't a lot
of difference between scanner models, but there are some differences. The
higher resolution will identify more surface defects, but I would expect the
newer Minolta would out perform the older Nikon. There are many variables in
the comparison, and without seeing them it is hard to comment further.

Jack Phipps
Applied Science Fiction