[filmscanners] Re: Epson Printing Post Scanning...continued

Art

Are you saying that 3 x 10,000 element CCDs are better at reducing grain
aliasing than 3 x 8000 element CCDs for example?  Do any other parts of the
scanner make a difference or is it purely the number of elements 'reading'
the film?  I guess the logical conclusion is that some of the more expensive
scanners, such as the Flextight Photo (3 x 8000 CCDs/3200ppi) will produce
more grain aliasing than the current crop of 3 x 10,000 CCDs/4000ppi
scanners.  If that is the case, why would anyone buy the Photo for example.

Simon