[filmscanners] Re: Terminology

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
To: <dickbo@btopenworld.com>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 11:15 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Terminology

When Silverfast says it is outputting a 48-bit RGB file, am I right in
presuming this is the same as other scanning software stating they output a
16-bit RGB file?  Is Silverfast just multiplying the 16-bits by 3 for the R,
G and B channels, and in effect 48-bit is the same as 16-bit?

16bit per RGB channel

I also assume if the above is correct that sofware stating 24-bit output is
the same as stating 8-bit output.

Only in RGB