From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Alex Zabrovsky
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 6:33 AM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Monitor calibration

Understood, thanks,
Basically, I adjusted contrast and brightness of the monitor according to
the instructions of Adobe Gamma utility (full contrast, brightness was
settled at about 45-50 %).
BTW, trying to set this gamma explicitly in Photoshop produced an error
stating that Photoshop will not accept gamma value greater then 3. That
really confused me, since as for my understanding if the developers of
Photoshop limited it my this value, the real world gamma indeed should be
lower.

Regards,
Alex Z