[filmscanners] Re: Purchase reccomendations

Unfortunately, the FS-4000 Canon has not had a huge following.  I know
of one person who owns one, and he is wanting to trade it in on
something else.

The main problem seems to be dynamic range. It can't handle the shadows
as well as some of the newer scanners.  It is just about the only
scanner in that $800 US price range right now.  The other 4000 dpi
scanners (which you will want if you are cropping and to avoid grain
aliasing) are the Polaroid SS4000+, the Nikon 4000 ED, and the Microtek
40000Tplus (the same basic model as the Polaroid SS4000+).  Al of these
are more costly than $800 US, unfortunately.

Art