[filmscanners] RE: Monitor calibration

>However, they insisted on using quite exaggerated gamma (3.06) with the
coordinate values they provided and this gamma indeed seemed to be extremely
high for my liking, so I went back to regular one (measured visually in
LittleCMS as about 2.4).

A gamma of 1.8 for Macs and 2.2 for PCs is usually regarded as normal.  The
eggaggerated gammar that they suggest my be based on your monitor's
brightness and contrast level controls (actually on the monitor itself
physically or electronically controlled via on-screen controls)being set at
a particular level.  If you turn the brigtness down and the contrast up, a
different gamma from that called for by the manufacturer (3.06) might be the
appropriate one for that set of settings.