[filmscanners] Re: Scanning B & W

Austin, Simon...

Thanks for your comments and suggestions....

Mac McDougald also pointed me to an interesting site yesterday... in case
you missed his mail, am reposting the address:

http://www.digidaan.nl/index2.html

On the left is a panel... when you hover over it various links come to
"light". Click on the one called "Mixer"

Anyway... what all of you seem to basically say... and that makes a lot of
sense to me... is let the scanner do the raw scan in RGB and then with *all*
that info at hand do the tweaking and converting to grayscale in PS.

Need to fool around a lot more... unfortunately, have got caught up with
some urgent work and it'll be at least a couple iof days before i can do any
more B&W scans... will keep you guys posted on my successes or further
problems/questions :)

Again, thanks for the inputs...

Regards,

Shunith