[filmscanners] RE: Good scanner for B&W

> > > There's no unique requirements for scanning B&W neg, any CCD
> > > scanner can do
> > > it, either scanning as greyscale or RGB.
> >
> > That's not quite true.  ALL current CCD scanners scan B&W in RGB...
>
> [Bangs head on keyboard]
>
> Please note that I did not say 'scanning IN greyscale' but 'scanning AS
> greyscale'.
>
> You are completely correct in the point you make about RGB->greyscale
> conversion, of course, but I felt I should not let pass an opportunity to
> establish that I can be just as pedantic :)

Hi Tony,

I wasn't at all trying to be pedantic at all (believe me ;-), and I hope you
didn't hurt your keyboard or your head...

Though I understand your (hair splitting ;-) distinction between "as" and
"in"...I did believe your statement left something to question, full well
knowing you know what you are talking about.  I more wanted to clarify a
point most people don't understand or even think about, that greyscale is
scanned as an RGB scan and converted in most all, if not all, current
scanners.

Now that it's been said three times (plus some duplication in posts), I
think the point has been well made ;-)

Anyone know anything about oil-less finish nailers?

Regards,

Austin