[filmscanners] Questions regarding SprintScan 120

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Questions regarding SprintScan 120
  • From: "James L. Sims" <jlsims@knology.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:44:47 -0500

I purchased a Polaroid 120 a little over two weeks ago.  As per
David Livingston's suggestion I am using a firewire interface.

I am, however, having some difficulties with Vuescan.  I can
obtain gradient scans in only 16 bit gray and 48 bit color scans
(transparencies or negatives).  8 bit gray and 24 bit color
settings produce very high contrast (almost like a 2 bit image).
Shadow detail also seems to be lacking when using the other
software (Silverfast 5.0 and Insight 5.5). the images are very
high contrast.

Also, when using Vuescan, I cannot index the 120 (6X6) roll film
images. It appears to be indexing for 6X7 images - is there a
trick to setting this?

Do you think there's a problem with the scanner, the Vuescan
software, or am I doing something wrong?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jim Sims