[filmscanners] Re: The"Pepper Grain" problem

No it doesn't, and that's the problem, Dicko.  Negative stock makes
negatives (most of the time).

I don't wish to rehash the slides versus negatives issue. Slides have
certain advantages over negatives, even if the only one were that one
can look at the film and see the image shot rather than an inversion
with an orange mask; that alone is advantage enough for some of us.

As we move more exclusively to the digital darkroom, where slide film
has become an economic alternative to negative films as a intermediary
toward prints or electronic imaging, the above mentioned advantage of
slide film compounded with some of the technical merits of negative film
for scanning purposes would make a great film option, as far as I am
concerned.

Art