[filmscanners] Digital SHO, Digital ROC

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Digital SHO, Digital ROC
  • From: "Jack Phipps" <JPhipps@asf.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:54:58 -0600

Dear Group--

As a result of my association with this and other groups, I have a new
assignment. I will be working to improve our newest products, the Digital
ROC and Digital SHO plug ins. Since my personal interest is in scanning and
my experience is with these groups, I am not too aware of other groups that
may be more appropriate for discussing these plug ins. So my first question
is, if you are aware of other groups that are more specific to plug ins,
please contact me directly at jphipps@asf.com.

Secondly, I would like to impose on this group to answer a few questions. If
you think your responses are useful only to me, please contact me directly.
If you think the discussion will help refine the answer, please post it. To
get a free trial copy of the plug ins, go to:
http://www.asf.com/download/download.asp

I am looking for ideas on how we can improve our plug ins, possibly taking
two paths. First, would be enhancements to the existing plug ins. User
interface design, functionality, control, ease of installation and usability
are just some of the areas where you might provide input.

Secondly, we are considering "Pro" versions. These plug ins would have
features that may possibly be used by only a few users, they may require a
very sophisticated computer system (lots of memory) or they may require a
significant amount of programming or invention to complete. Some examples
would be finer or more expansive control of parameters or sixteen bit image
compatibility.

I am also looking for ideas for new plug ins. One idea is to produce a plug
in version of Digital GEM. Another idea is a portrait brush that will
improve skin texture without removing high frequency detail (sharpness).

Any input would be appreciated.

Jack Phipps
Director of Technology
Applied Science Fiction