[filmscanners] Re: X rays was Digital PIC

--- David Hoffman <David@hoffmanphotos.com> wrote:
> True. But tests in the UK have repeatedly failed to show any X-ray
> damage even on multiple (I think 16 was the max) passes with MODERN
> European machines.

The carry-on x-ray machine use a low dose which is more or less evenly
distributed. Therefore, damages are not very easy to detect, especially
if there are no small tonal variations. It's a quite different story
for the new carry-on machines that not only use a much higher dosage
but also can damage film only partialy. Especially the later makes
damages much more visible.

Rob