[filmscanners] RE: Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000
  • From: "Jack Phipps" <JPhipps@asf.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:26:55 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Tris Schuler [mailto:tristanjohn@mindspring.com]
I have a question, Jack: do you sell this equipment or related software for
a living? I ask for the reason you come across strongly as a salesman.

Tris

Hello Tris!

Yes I work for Applied Science Fiction the developers of:

Begin Sales Pitch:
Digital ICE, Digital ROC and Digital GEM for film scanners, Digital ICE for
flatbed scanners, an announced product Digital PIC that scans exposed
unprocessed film, and two Photoshop compatible programs Digital ROC and
Digital SHO.
End Sales Pitch:

I've tried to make it clear to the community that my answers may be (may be?
you're kidding! they are) biased, that I am excited about our products, and
I guess I must be promoting them to heavily here. However, I don't make my
living selling this software. Participation in this group is not officially
part of my job. I do it because I enjoy it, and because it is part of my
avocation not my vocation.

I enjoy this group, the interactions, the jabs. Since I do a lot of scanning
for my own photography I've learned a lot. My intent is to answer questions
and solve problems folks have with our products. And yes, raise the
awareness of the community about our products. I get the message that I must
be "too commercial" for this community. If it is I apologize. My excitement
is hard to temper at times.

I would appreciate feedback to me personally (not to the group) when you
feel I cross the line between support and "come across strongly as a
salesman".

Thank you for your input Tris. If you have any questions or problems about
our products, I will try to answer or solve them.

Sincerely,

Jack Phipps
Director of Technology
Applied Science Fiction