[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000

I'm sure that Digital Ice is great as it has so many passionate
advocates. I've never felt the need for it on my SS4000.

My workspace is not even close to a clean room. I take reasonable
care of my slides and negatives. I don't have to spend a lot of
time cleaning dust spots and scratches on my files.

I wonder if the different light sources and imaging paths on the
Nikon & Polaroid scanners account for some of the dust and
scratch sensitivities that their users encounter?

-JimD