[filmscanners] Re: Dust on CCD? Artixscan 4000T/SS4000

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Dust on CCD? Artixscan 4000T/SS4000
  • From: "K2 Chittin" <k2_chittin@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:23:06 +0000

I don't know if the CCD faces down as per David's comments.  It'd be easy to
find out from Microtek.

As for the brush that Art mentioned, I suspect it's a Polaroid concept.  I
haven't heard of anything similar from Microtek.  Again, I could find out.

In all likelihood, I think I'm just being over-cautious.  The scanner had
all the bits and the original box, which would not be the case for something
which has been on the shop floor for ages.  It also looks very clean.  It
has probably only been used a few times.

My biggest hassle at the moment is trying to get hold of a copy of
Silverfast Ai 5.5 which should have been shipped with the scanner but was
not.

K2