[filmscanners] ADMIN : Wobbly Listserver...

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] ADMIN : Wobbly Listserver...
  • From: TonySleep@halftone.co.uk
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:59 +0000 (GMT)

Sorry the listserver is (even more) flaky lately. It has been falling over
a lot due to (a)Windows and associated s/w being a blancmange on a stick
(b)a possibly dodgy SIMM which I've now replaced. Unfortunately after
crashes it often sends out duplicates.

There have been some periods of 3-6 hrs delay in distributing list mail, so
please DON'T RESEND MAIL. It will just be spooled upstream, not lost.

Most of the downtime has been due to crashes and attempts at software
repairs. However I am now taking it offline fairly frequently during quiet
periods so I can Linux the whole lot. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's
dual boot and the only way I can do it.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info