[filmscanners] Re: New to scanning

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: New to scanning
  • From: "Roger Smith" <rsmith@unb.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:58:12 -0400

At 7:57 PM +0000 3/7/02, Simon Whaley wrote:
>  I have a budget of about £350 and am
>considering the following:-
>
>Acer ScanWit 2720S
>Canon FS2710
>HP S20
>Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 2
>Jessops 3600 Pro

        I've used  the Canon FS2710 and the Minolta Scan Dual II.
Either one should be fine for your purposes. The Minolta will
probably perform bettter with darker slides (less noise) but it does
tend to emphasize dust and scratches compared to the Canon. There
were earlier reports of reliability  problems with the Minolta, but I
haven't heard much recently.
        I don't know much about the other scanners.

Regards,
Roger Smith