[filmscanners] Re: 16-bit stitching

> Well, if you must get it done in 16-bit mode, the
> Rubber Stamp works in 16-bit, so one way to do this
> might be:

The history brush also works in 16bit. I don't need to really stitch images,
just subject both halves of my image to the same color corrections. So I
keep a bit of canvas between the parts that I finally adjust after converting to
8bit. Here's how I do it:

1. Open both halves of my image
2. Increase canvas size of both halves to the exact same dimensions,
adjusting one half to the left and the other to the right
3. Take a snapshot of both halves
4. Use the history brush to overlay one half with the other; it now looks as
if the overlaid half is lost
5. Use the history brush again (with a 999 pixel wide brush) to copy the
overlaid half back into the picture.

The biggest problem in this is staying below 700MB storage usage to avoid
slowing things down too much.
Regards, Barbara Nitz

--
http://www.gmx.net