[filmscanners] RE: Misc Multi Pro/VueScan/16-bit stitching

"QUESTION FOR ANYONE: I also have a considerable library of 6x17 panoramic

> negatives and transparencies. With the Minolta, I must stitch two (or
three)
> scans to get in an entire image. My experience with this is that Photoshop
> won't let me use the move tool to combine 16-bit images. Am I doing
> something wrong, or is there another way to combine images?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Denis

Denis

When you do stitch images together - how close is the colour balance between
the two scans
from the Minolta software  or do you balance the images in photoshop before
the stitch?

rob

I've been testing this scanning in VueScan 16-bit mode and not changing
anything other than refocusing. In order to stitch, I opened in PhotoShop,
adjusted curves on one image, saved the curve, then applied it to the other
image. There was a small difference in the overlapping area.

Denis
---