[filmscanners] Re: cdrw drives

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> Based on what Plextor told me, I suspect you may be right.

I recall in turn an article that they use Sansui CD/RW drive.
I use Plextor by myself with the typical Adaptec bundle (now
separated from Adaptec as Roxio, what a stupidity...) and
what attracts me most to a such solution is the Janapenese
fine mechanics combined with US firmware/software. There is
a reason and a well established record for good software
coming out of this country much more frequent. I made several
bad experiences with software made by Japanese companies, what
includes Sony DAT drive and Nikon scanner.

Thus regardless the disappointment with a particular drive,
I can not understand the urge to "switch brand." The bundle
by Plextor was as I bought it the fastest of them all and is
still a reasonable drive with its 16/10/40. It uses UDF as
a file system. I have heard that finally a standard CD/RW
file system is coming out.

Thomas.