From: "Op's" <martin@wollongong.apana.org.au>
To: <shunith@vsnl.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 7:05 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Cleaning LS2000 optic?

Sounds its most likely a dirty mirror which needs cleaning which is what
happened to mine. I have cleaned mine which resolved the problem. Heaps of
dust collects on and in the scanner if you like it or not.

rob

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> When you use the term "flare" do you mean that light areas near dark
> ones tend to be washed out around the edges, almost like a soft focus
> halo around the very brightest areas?
>
> If so, you've brought up an issue that has been discussed before in this
> group and the other scanner group without resolution.
>
> Since i never got a straight answer for the other people who discussed
> this (and I don't own an LS2000), I was wondering if this problem is
> relatively new, if it manifested over time, or if it was there since new?
>
> I have a suspicion, like you, that it is due to dirt or oils that got
> deposited on some of the optics causing this blooming, but others are
> suggesting it is an inherent CCD design issue.
>
> I can't answer how involved a cleaning is, but I would be interested if
> you can tell me if this problem is one which has developed over time.
>
> Art
>
> Joe B. wrote:
>
> > I am passing my LS2000 on to my daughter but i want it to be in good
order before I do so, and I've noticed it flares visibly with some scans- I
assume the lens needs cleaning. Can anyone tell me anything about this- is
it straightforward? Is it as simple as removing the cover and there the lens
is in front of you, visible and accessible? TIA for any info.

> > Joe B.

or body

---