[filmscanners] RE: Firewire and Windows98

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Firewire and Windows98
  • From: "Hemingway, David J" <HEMINGD@polaroid.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:11:05 -0500

Al,
As this pertains to the SS4000 as well I will tell you what I know. As in
SCSI these various transmission formats have a kernel that describes various
classes of devices it supports. The Firewire support in Win 98 did not
include a scanner class. A kernel for the scanner could be written by the
manufacturer but this costs time and money which in our case we elected not
to do.
There is a procedure which uses Firewire components from another operating
systems  but in our case also require some software modification.

David