[filmscanners] RE: Colormatching with Canon S820/S900

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Colormatching with Canon S820/S900
  • From: "Mark Otway" <mark@otway.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:25:04 -0000

>> If it is a normal lens I can almost absolutely state it was
>> not on the lens.  There is no way a "normal" (45-55mm) lens
>> can focus at the lens surface.  I assume this Canon 300 is
>> an SLR with exchangeable lenses,

That's right.

>> Your explanation pretty much clinches it.  It was a hair
>> stuck between the film and the focal plane shutter, very
>> near the film surface.

Okay. I'll bear that in mind in future. :-D I've only had the SLR for a
few months, so I'm not totally used to the workings of it yet (our
previous camera was a canon Sureshot, so we're only starting to dabble
with exposure/aperture/stop settings occasionally at the moment!

>> Anyway, I sent you a private email to explain how to use the
>> cloning tool in Photoshop, and also a corrected version of
>> the image.  I hope that is helpful.

Thanks! Very helpful indeed, and much appreciated.

Mark