[filmscanners] Re: Where can I actually *buy* an Nikon 8000ED?

> The banding looks like fatal flaw if that was a consistent prob,
> though...wonder if this is one of main reasons it's "not available" for the
>most
> part right now?
>
> Thanks for your input...
>
> Mac

This is kind of documented on the Nikon site here  (Maxwell.com.au) in there
FAQ section.

there are others who refer to the banding problem also - but Lawrence has
demonstrated it to
an understanding how it shows in a scan.

I would not be confident to scan for external clients and for them to pick up
the banding
problem.( or the edge softness for that matter)

There has been good reports on the Minolta Scan Multi  Pro which is cheaper
that the
overpriced Nikon.

Rob