[filmscanners] SS120 & Xpan

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] SS120 & Xpan
  • From: "" <tsmithers@cix.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:19 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Anyone contemplating the mod to the 35mm holder to allow scanning of Xpan
slides should not wait. Thanks to the link (recently posted by David
Hemingway) to the jpeg image showing the cutting details I'm now
successfully scanning Xpan slides at full resolution.

The modification to the 35mm holder is really quite easy to do, and
doesn't appear to require absolute precision, just make sure you check the
measurements a couple of times before starting to cut. The holder material
is quite soft and easy to cut by hand with a hacksaw and file.

Having said that dont blame me if you mess it up - I'm just relating my
experience.

Trevor S