[filmscanners] Re: LS 2000 running slow

> I just purchased a used LS 2000.  I scanned at 2700dpi, 12 bit, multi
> sample, with no corrections or Ice and my scan time was about 23 minutes
> using Nikon v3.1.2.   I have a G4 450 dual and am using a usb converter for
>the
> SCSI connection with the scanner, I'm assuming that is the bottle neck (could
> usb be that slow?).  What are real world scan times for 35mm slides? with or
> without SCSI and or ICE? Any other helpful hits would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregg

Ye Gods, something is wrong there.
Pure USB wouldn't be that slow either, so must have something to do with that
converter combo.
My scan times at 2700ppi are 45 sec to 3 min depending on filters and
whatnot (I generally use VueScan).
You might download VueScan (hamrick.com) and try it just to make sure
there's not a NikonScan glitch with your setup, but if VS is as slow, it's got
be your hardware converter. If so, going to pure SCSI card would be the
way to go I'd say.

           Mac McDougald -- DOOGLE DIGITAL
  500 Prestwick Ridge Way # 39 - Knoxville, TN 37919
 doogle@doogle.com  865-540-1308  http://www.doogle.com